It was a very enjoyable day and great to hear a diverse range of speakers and willing attendees who were prepared to ‘show and tell’ about their work to combat loneliness and join in lively conversations.
A highlight of the day was spending time with the lovely Caring Canines (and their human companions of course!). Thanks to Julie and all the teams for coming to the theatre to share their expertise.
Lunch was a delicious assortment of savoury and sweet treats provided by Crumbs, who also shared with us the purpose and aims of the organisation.
Thank you to everyone for your flexibility and willingness to join in the afternoon plenary session too.
We really enjoyed the day and the feedback has been very positive.
Please find below links to the various projects and organisations represented on the day along with the PowerPoint slides from the morning session (excluding Mark’s as this was a series of pictures which he said would be incomprehensible to anyone else!).
- Age UK https://www.ageuk.org.uk/
- Help and Care https://www.helpandcare.org.uk/
- Caring Canines https://www.dorsetdogs.org.uk/dd-caring-canines
- Crumbs www.crumbs.org.uk
- Hope in the Community Bournemouth http://www.hitc.org.uk/bournemouth/
- Poole Social Prescription Service http://www.pwbcollaborative.org.uk/psps/
- Hope in the Community Poole http://www.hitc.org.uk/poole/
- Community Partnerships Borough of Poole, Tackling Loneliness Group email@example.com
- Parkinsons UK firstname.lastname@example.org; https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/local-support-groups/regions/poole-and-district-branch
- Dorset Devils http://www.litteraction.org.uk/dorset-devils
- Ageing Without Children https://awoc.org/
- University of the Third Age (U3A) Poole http://www.pooleu3a.org.uk/
- University of the Third Age (U3A) Bournemouth www.bournemouthu3a.org.uk